Posts

5 Courses that prepare you to work anywhere

Image
If you wish to study any course that'll help you work anywhere, you'll need to check out these five courses.


Studying the right course in school will make you useful and relevant anywhere you find yourself

The quest to get a High paying job after school is no doubt the dream of every student.

There are certain courses that prepare you to work in any field and makes you useful and relevant in any work environment you find yourself.

1. Communication

Studying communication allows you to work anywhere

Communication is one course that grooms you to work anywhere and still gives you a satisfying experience wherever you find yourself.

As a communication graduate, you can decide to switch lines and do master's program in other disciplines like Marketing which also requires some degrees of communication skills.

Also, if you choose to go into Management, Business or even teaching, your communication knowledge and skills will help you communicate your way to success.

2. Marketing


This …

1 SIMPLE WAY TO DISCOVER PURPOSE

Image
A Lot of people find discovering purpose a hard thing to do. It shouldn't be. It has been with you all your life. Here is this formula.
When you are passionate about something, it drives you towards knowledge in that thing.
Knowledge drives you towards competence.  In due  time you become an expert.
One way to know your passion is to examine your current interests. What catches your fancy? What would you rather be doing in perfect conditions? What do you desperately want to learn about?
If you say you love singing, and after several years you still can't sing well. Forget it, you are not passionate enough. 
Your love for singing would have driven you to know a lot about it, join choirs, bands, sing a lot, get a role model-mentor, join singing competitions, seize every opportunity to sing in church, to the extent you start singing really well.
What are the things you have a lot of knowledge in already?  Watch out, that could be passion driving you.
What you have an interest in knowing a…

"STUDENT" IS NOT AN OCCUPATION.

Image
Dear Nigerian youth, there is a mindset that is robbing you of your relevance and delaying your big break.
It is the idea that "I am still a student"
Question: What do you do for money? What is your occupation
Answer: I am a student.
Me: Like seriously?
The mindset of  "School vs Labour market" That after  finish school then you enter the labour market. As if the two are mutually exclusive.
Whoever said you must put your life, your ideas, talents and passions on hold because you are in school didn't tell you the truth.
Whoever says you should  "concentrate in school" at the expense of your big idea and discovered purpose didn't do you a lot of good.
That mindset has delayed and killed so many good ideas, talents and passions. It has stifled the spirit of creativity and reduced maximum productivity among African youths.
The labour market is not waiting for you to finish school. Your destiny should not be played with like that. Those who did it are more regre…

3 THINGS HOLDING YOU BACK (part 3)

Image
3 THINGS HOLDING YOU BACK (part 3)

I promised to do a 3 part series on the things holding you back from launching your ideas, they include:

>> Perfect timing
>> Perfecting your skills
>> Start up Capital
Bonus >> Where exactly to start from

The first two posts are somewhere on my timeline you can check them out today i will talk about the 3 thing holding you back, which is:

3). START UP CAPITAL.

Many business and valid  ideas have died untimely deaths because the Owners couldn't get past the "funding stage". I usually think it is very unfortunate.

Every business that survives must go through this stage, because essentially Capital is a very indispensable factor of production.

Ultimately every Idea needs funding with money at one stage or another, if not for start-up then for necessary expansion.

 The problem becomes when the idea doesn't kick off at all on the excuse of "start up capital."

Because you see; any reason why you did not…

3 Things holding you back (part 2)

Image
I started a series on this topic days back and on the 3 major reasons you are yet to launch your idea and start that project or business you  have been brewing for ages.
Considering that starting is the most important step in a journey of success and maximum impact.
Today the lets take the next major reason for inactivity
NO 2. PERFECTING YOUR SKILLS AND IDEAS
Many creative people are incapacitated by the need for perfection in their skill or talent. And they use this as a perfect excuse not to start working on their Big ideas just yet
They safely say that they need more skill, more knowledge, better experience, more research, more and more of something else.
This is understandable considering you have not done what is intended before, as a matter of fact nobody may have ever done it before. That's why its a big idea right?
Take a look at Facebook today. Can you imagine the difference between the sophisticated platform we have today compared to the first ever Facebook app launched in 200…

3 THINGS HOLDING YOU BACK (part 1)

Image
THIS MESSAGE IS FOR CREATIVE YOUNG MINDS.

Nothing Influences the Outcome of your life for most creatives than this thing you are going to hear. It is that you START NOW.

For Most young people like me,it is not a lack of ideas that's your Problem. Your mind is buzzing with ideas, You actually have a problem of too much good ideas.

You have developed yourself, you have knowledge you can benefit from. You have a skill that can pay you.

You actually know what to do or at least where to start from. but somehow you have not gotten yourself to START
for reasons such as

>> Perfect timing
>> Perfecting your skills
>> Start up Capital
>> Where exactly to start from

If you are plagued with any of these then you are the one Holding you back.

I will be doing a post to cover these 4 major  Mind blocks and how to overcome them.
This part 1 is about number 1 mindblock


1) OVERCOMING THE PERFECT TIMING MIND BLOCK

First of all there is no perfect timing in the future for an…

THE ECONOMY OF SKILLS

Image
Certificates are becoming less and less important. In the days of our fathers, if you as much as had standard 6, you are an elite. White collar jobs na dem go dey rush you.
Then the standard was raise to bachelors degree, then to Masters. Today having a Ph.D does not guarantee you Nathing. Graduates are becoming more and more unemployed. 
When i see those highly certified unemployed, broke graduates i feel they have been deceived. Not in the way that "school is scam". Abeg oo.
But they where trained for an economy that is no more existent. They have been prepared and deployed for a battle that has long shifted to another level
Not that their Training is essentially useless, but it is no longer the Main Arsenal for survival. In this war, certificates are no more the main instrument of offense, i will tell you what are the first line of defense against Hunger and poverty. >>>Skills
It is no longer what you studied, it is not even what you know from what you studied.…

ESCAPE THE LOCAL LEAGUE

Image
Do you look at the people performing in the higher platforms than you in your industry and envy, wishing you could be up there?

People like you or  younger,  doing what you really wish to do at the very top of your field. Playing in the higher leagues on a Global or national stage?

I have discovered you can play on a higher league. You are really not condemned to a local league if you do want to get out.

The Strategy to Escaping the Local league is not rocket science.

UP YOUR GAME.

Have you discovered that in the game of football, highly exceptional Players are are not playing in our Local Nigerian league?

No offense to the NPFL, but even them consider it great when their player is spotted and courted by a club in EPL or Laliga In Europe.

When a player does well, He outgrows the local league, it is not pride, it is progress.

Two Ingredients are inevitable when it comes to Upping your game to  escape the local league and i am going to share them with you.

1) Competence(content)
2) Bra…